Saturday, November 5, 2016

28 Weeks- MFM Ultrasound Growth Scan/ 1st Day in the Hospital

Dear Bundles of Joy,

This week has been noticeably different. It's the first week that I've had the following:

- I can't sleep at night because I get into a bad habit of taking naps during the day
- It's getting harder to stand or walk around the house
- I've felt like I've been getting sick (nauseated, headaches,etc)
- I feel extremely fatigued all the time
- My neck and shoulders are painful since I can only lay down on my sides

It's been great! However, I'll take all these things since it means that you're in me longer. Hopefully you guys will stay in there another 5-7 weeks!

Today was the 28 week growth scan. The pictures below are pretty sad... nothing really, but I'll include them since its what I have and I want to include all the pictures we receive. The tech was going quickly so she could get all the measurements and organs before I started to feel nauseated since last time I felt sick and almost threw up being on my back for such little time.





You guys were large for gestation!
BABY A- 2lbs 9oz
BABY B- 2lbs 8oz
BABY C- 2lbs 15oz

SOOO--- I have 8lbs of baby in me, plus all your placentas and fluids!!! Holy Moly, no wonder its getting harder to walk around without feeling like I have to hold up my belly! haha.

Today they also checked my cervix. It shortened a lot since last week. It was only at 1cm!!! Before they called in the doctor, I knew that I wasn't going home. :( I knew it was for the best because I'd rather be there than at home paranoid at every little "sign" or "symptom" of going into labor.

I was able to go home, get some of my things, then I had to go straight to the hospital.

When I arrived at the hospital, it was calm. I got into my room pretty quickly.  Once I was in my room, a lot of nurses came filing in one by one. I had my heart rate taken, blood pressure taken, a belly band put on to see if I was contracting, and had an IV inserted. Next, they started giving me an IV for magnesium. This will help with the babies brains development. I had to be on it for 12 hours. From the other triplet moms I heard that this magnesium was awful- it made you feel "flu-ish". However, I was lucky and already felt a little nauseous so I didn't think it made me feel anything... I didn't notice it much at all. It did make it a little harder to focus my vision, but it wasn't blurry or too different from my "normal".  While all this was going on, an ultrasound tech came in to check on the babies and to make sure their heart rates were in the normal range. Finally, it was time for my round of steroid shot. These shots would help with the babies lungs- it'd give them a little boost, so to speak. I would need another shot tomorrow to complete the series. This shot HURT! It was injected into my butt muscle and was thick and burned! But... anything to help with you guys be as healthy as can be! Another lady came in to get some blood for me. They had a couple labs that the doctors wanted done.  Later that night, I was given leg compressors as well as an oxygen mask to wear at night.

Your Ba-ba and Ji-ji were here the whole time. They were great. They could see that I was nervous and scared. I felt like I had failed you guys in some thing that I had no control over. I knew that I couldn't have prevented this, but I felt like I didn't do what I was supposed to do.

Ji-ji offered to give me a blessing. Why didn't I think of that?! Of course, I told him. It was a sweet blessing. It helped me feel comfort and peace. I knew that everything would be how it was supposed to work out. I was still nervous for what would come, but knew it would be the way it was supposed to be.

As the night went on, a nurse was coming in every couple hours to check all my stats and to make sure I was doing well. I actually slept pretty well, considering at home I seemed to be having a hard time sleeping anyway.

It overall was a really emotional afternoon/ evening... Dad was still in Texas for work training, I felt like I failed you guys, the thoughts of you coming now was terrifying, it was all out of my control, I was getting scared about an unscheduled c-section, etc.

Whatever happens, it is nice to know that I am already at the hospital if anything were to start happening. The nurses and doctors will know me and I am already checked in (which will save time instead of possibly doing that in the middle of the night if contractions happened).

Here are some pictures I sent to Dad to show him that I was doing fine and for him not to worry.



Don't come too soon babies.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment