Wednesday, April 29, 2015

10 Things I LOVE about MY LIFE right NOW: 10/10 Organizing/ Laminating

Dear Bundle of Joy,

I know that I can be happy now, and it would be sad and selfish if I lived with the attitude of "when I have kids I'll be happy", or "when ____ happens, then I'll be happy". (Plus, don't we all know that there's hard things at every stage in life??? I thought I wanted to be done with college and be a real adult... until I realized all the responsibility it held! haha) 

So, here's to things that I love about my life RIGHT NOW!

NUMBER 10: Organizing

I wouldn't be true to myself if I left this one out. I'm sure you know that I like things a certain way... ;)

"My name is Brittany and I am a person with {selective} OCD."

I'm sure you're asking "Is there such a thing as SELECTIVE OCD?" Well, I'm not sure, but with me it sure does exsist! I wouldn't classify myself as OCD... because... uhhh... haaaaaaaave you seen my room? HA. Hopefully by the time you're old enough to read this, I'll have figured out how to keep my room clean and my bed made. Before getting married, I always had a clean room and couldn't sleep at night getting into an unmade bed (So, I would make it, then get into... yeah, that's another story)- I blame this on your father. ;)

But seriously... I love when everything has a place... and better yet- it's labeled!

NUMBER 10A: Laminating
I blame this on the teacher in me. Jordan knows this obsession. I don't know why, but labeling things and getting things laminated makes my OCD heart happy. :) Inside, I know that its silly to get so happy about this... but I don't know why. haha. Having things labeled shows where everything should be and they have their place. It also makes things easier to find. It just makes more sense... AmIRight???

Children's Books in bins labeled in categories by months
Special Activities/ worksheets organized in binders in the month it pertains to.

Classroom/ Preschool items organized in Cube Storage

Current linen closet with laminated labels of where things belong.

Former house linen closet, which had WAY more room to organize!

I'm going to enjoy the little things that make me happy now, before I have a little toddler or child running around wanting to get into and mess it all up. Haha. But, I still can't wait until you join our home. :)

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment