Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Dear Bundles of Joy, 

Today I woke up around 530 for vitals. I was able to walk around the hallway and pump. I’m not getting anything yet. It was painful getting up this morning but it was wayyyy better than yesterday and last night. Walking was manageable but I had to consciously relax my stomach and focus on using my side/ back/ leg muscles. I visited you guys in the NICU. 


Audrey- Dad held you for the first time. I fed you with a bottle for the first time. 

Adeline- You were taken off of the nasal cannula— good job Adeline! 

Rush- You were just so cute to look at!

You guys were all on room air now. This is huge! A lot of other triplets were on some sort of oxygen for a while… but you guys were all rock stars! You guys are all doing so good. We are so proud of you. Grandma and Grandpa Dave came to visit you as well. They weren’t allowed to hold you but they watched us hold you guys. The nurses dont want to introduce any more "new" things  (like being passed around, being held by different people) than they have to. Technically since you are supposed to be in my womb still, they want to limit the amount of stimulation and sensory you receive. Overstimilation can have lasting affects this early on so the doctor says... so we'll listen to him! :)




Love, 

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment