Saturday, December 10, 2016

Reminiscing

Dear Bundles of Joy,

I remember setting up these nativity scenes last year. Having my nieces in town and seeing their excitement on Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to have that every Christmas with MY kids. I remember putting these nativity scenes away at the end of the year and contemplating how next year's Christmas would be. Would we be blessed with you? Or would my heart be empty still? Looking at the baby Jesus and reflecting on the birth of Christ, I was reminded that God can perform miracles. I knew God could make it happen if it was supposed to. I knew that I had to keep the faith in his timing and know that things would happen when they should. As I packed up these nativities, I prayed for the best. A year has passed and your arrival is any day. As I set out (or rather, as I saw your dad set out) these nativities this year, my thoughts of last year were remembered. Instead of gold, frankincense, and myrrh, I will be receiving 3 of my most precious gifts- you guys, my babies. I have tried to be thankful for all my blessings throughout this trial and am so thankful I "enjoyed the journey"; I feel so blessed to have had the time to prepare and be humbled before this prayer was answered. I'm so thankful for this Christmas season to be reminded that Christ was born. He lived for us. He atoned for us. He knows what we are going through. He still lives and loves us.



We love you,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment