Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sunday, December 1, 2017- First one coming home!

Dear Bundles of Joy,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I can't believe that 2016 is already over. The pregnancy with you guys went by so quickly! Everyone would say " I bet you can't wait to get these guys out of you" or "You're probably so done with being pregnant' or "I bet it's going by so slowly for you". But, actually, I loved being pregnant. I had waited to be pregnant for so long that I loved knowing I finally was. I don't think I enjoyed it so much in the fact that I was constantly worrying about you guys, but I did feel so blessed. We were also always "looking to the next milestone" so I felt like time went quickly- 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks, 24 weeks, etc. Each time we made it to another milestone, I would thank Heavenly Father for that blessing that you guys were growing and healthy.

Today also started 2017 with a bang... with many firsts in the hospital:

Adeline- You ate your whole bottle again! You did well in your open bassinet too! The nurse even said that you would probably be coming home by the end of this week! What?! I can't believe it. This was shocking- but I guess you are doing so well :)

Rush- When we arrived at the hospital, your isolette was open. The nurse said you didn't need the temperature regulation anymore. You also ate all of your bottle- so impressive! Right after your feeding you had like 3 HUGE burps. Baba and I laughed so hard- such a little man haha. By the time we left, the nurse had set up your bassinet! No more isolette for you! What?! She also mentioned that YOU would be coming home by the end of this week too and to bring your car seat in tomorrow so that you could do your car seat test!

Audrey- YOU CAME HOME TODAY!!! It was so weird walking out of the hospital with you! I felt sad that we were leaving your siblings behind, but with the news that they might be home by the end of this week made it more manageable. On the drive home I couldn't stop looking at you. You were so cute, sleeping in your car seat. When we got home Jiji was laughing in amazement with how tiny and cute you are. We fed you and put you down. You ate fairly well. During one time at night, you were moving your hands free from the swaddle and I let you grab my pinky finger. You held on tight and squeezed it periodically. Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about how blessed we are. We are so lucky to finally have all you guys and I love you all so much already. You slept and ate all you needed to for your first night home. You are so easy-going. Even when you woke up so hungry and opening your mouth so wide, you weren't crying. You just shook your head around hoping a bottle would be put in there. After you ate and burped, you would have the cutest smiley/ content face. It is so fun to watch. I hope the others transition as well as you have this night.

Wow! You kids are already impressing me with how much progress you've made in such a small amount of time. I love you so much! <3










Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment