Saturday, September 24, 2016

I Love to See the Temple

Dear Bundles of Joy,

A couple weeks after I found out that we were having triplets, we had Stake Conference. Obviously the excitement, shock, and fear were still at an all time high. I was nervous to have finally become pregnant and then for it to end in miscarriage. Thoughts of knowing that things will work out how they should kept coming to my mind. I had to enjoy being pregnant while I could and let what would happen, happen.

During Stake Conference I had the thought come to my mind that going to the temple will keep you littles safe. Dad and I have been pretty good about going to the temple every week since we've been married. The first 2 years of our marriage we made it EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Over time, we didn't plan things as well as we should have, but we still were making it regularly. We were trying. Recently, we have been doing pretty well, but since it was my summer break, I knew that I could be going more. When I had this thought come to me, my eyes became wet. I KNEW that I would be blessed if I made it my first priority to go to the temple as often as I could.

Now, during these first few months of being pregnant, I was a little nauseous. I knew that doing initiatories were my best bet of not becoming more sick. Since I wasn't working during the week, I tried going a couple times per week. Once work started in the middle of August, I've made it a point to go every Saturday. I don't tell you these things to brag or whatnot, but to let you know that I firmly believe that I am (and you are) being blessed by putting this goal first.

Today, Dad and I went to the temple... only for it to be closed. I couldn't think of a reason of why it would be closed (they did their cleaning about a month ago) other than tonight was the Women's Session of General Conference... Either way, we tried haha. There's always the week after General Conference and the week after that and the week after that...

I know that by serving others and putting God first, that we will be blessed.



Love you,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment