Saturday, April 2, 2016

"One Day Closer"

Dear Bundle of Joy,

Making a baby is the hardest thing I have ever done.

It hurts to hear the commandment "multiply and replenish the Earth". It reminds me that I haven't and I can't... yet. I know its not a punishment from God, but it is hard to wrap my mind around NOT being able to follow a commandment even though we really want to. I know it is the intent of my heart, but it still stings.

Throughout this experience, I have thought about each day as "one day closer":

One day closer to:
-peace
-being filled with hope
-becoming pregnant
-becoming better
-accepting God's timing
-increased faith

However, if I lose my faith in God it could be different.

Once day closer to:
-less peace
-losing hope
-becoming discouraged
-becoming angry with God
-having less faith
-becoming miserable

Trials can yield very different results... it depends on  how we react to and respond to the circumstances and whether we utilize the atonement in our life or if we are too proud to do so. Hopefully you can always know that the atonement can and will help you through any trial in your life.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment